The Hamilton & District
Title: The Power of Brief Interventions for Pharmacists as Partners in Asthma Care
Speakers: Michael Boivin & Sivajanan Sivapalan
Date: Novemeber 11th 2020
Time: 7p.m. to 8p.m.
Upon completion of this presentation, pharmacists will be able to:
• Assess the level of control of an asthma patient
• Identify opportunities in the pharmacy to optimize asthma control
for their patients
• List common drug therapy problems in patients with asthma that
may lead to increased risk of exacerbations
• Apply strategies to effectively assess, intervene and partner with
patients and their healthcare providers to improve asthma care
The Hamilton & District Pharmacists’ Association was created in 1977 to set and achieve the following goals:
- to improve the qualifications and skills of pharmacy professionals.
- to help pharmacy professionals in their pursuit of clinical excellence
- to provide an instructional and educational program and to hold conferences, meetings, and exhibitions for the discussion of matters related to pharmacy and pharmacy practice.
Our Association is one of the longest established pharmacy associations in Canada. We have been repeatedly recognized by the Ontario Pharmacists Association (OPA), by winning the District Shield Award a record of 11 times. We are very proud of our association and, most importantly, of all our members.