The Hamilton & District
- Sivajanan Sivapalan
- Michael Boivin
- Module 1
- To describe current global recommendations to help minimize over-use of short-acting beta-agonists as monotherapy and optimize controller therapy.
- Module 2
- Assess the level of control of an asthma patient
- Identify opportunities in the pharmacy to optimize asthma control for their patients
- List common drug therapy problems in patients with asthma that may lead to increased risk of exacerbations
- Apply strategies to effectively assess, intervene and partner with patients and their healthcare providers to improve asthma care
Webinar link will be provided after RSVPing
Speaker – Dr. Peter Lin M.D
Moderator- Sivajanan Sivapalan MPharm. R.Ph. CDE
- To discuss the evolution of modern diabetes treatment: treating beyond A1c.
- To highlight recent clinical trial evidence for cardiovascular and renal outcomes with SGLT2 inhibitors.
- Discuss the differences and significance of CVD primary and secondary prevention.
- Apply the evidence of SGLT2 inhibitors in the management of vascular risk, renal risk and heart failure.
Webinar Link will be provided after RSVPing
The Hamilton & District Pharmacists’ Association was created in 1977 to set and achieve the following goals:
- to improve the qualifications and skills of pharmacy professionals.
- to help pharmacy professionals in their pursuit of clinical excellence
- to provide an instructional and educational program and to hold conferences, meetings, and exhibitions for the discussion of matters related to pharmacy and pharmacy practice.
Our Association is one of the longest established pharmacy associations in Canada. We have been repeatedly recognized by the Ontario Pharmacists Association (OPA), by winning the District Shield Award a record of 11 times. We are very proud of our association and, most importantly, of all our members.