The Hamilton & District
Join HHS for their 3rd Annual Focus on Diabetes 2019 Conference
Goal: To gain a deeper understanding of diabetes to have a positive impact on your practice
Target audience: RN, RPN, NP, CNS, RD, Pharmacist, Kinesiologist, Social Work, Speech Language Pathologist, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist
Location: Carmen’s Banquet Hall, 1520 Stonechurch Road East, Hamilton
Cost: $25 (non-refundable) Includes dinner
Learning Objectives: By the end of this evening session, the participants will be able to:
- Network with colleagues and experts in the field of Diabetes.
- List contributing factors of anatomy and physiology in diabetes management.
- Identify how insulin pumps, continuous glucose monitors and ambulatory glucose profiles assist with diabetes management.
- Describe how at least one dietary approach assists our patients control blood glucose levels.
- List where to access tools from Diabetes Canada and other resources.
The Hamilton & District Pharmacists’ Association was created in 1977 to set and achieve the following goals: to improve the qualifications and standing of pharmacy professionals; to promote a professional status; to provide an instructional and educational program and to hold conferences, meetings and exhibitions for the discussion of matters related to pharmacy.
Our Association is one of the longest established pharmacy associations in Canada. We have been repeatedly recognized by the Ontario Pharmacists Association (OPA), by winning the District Shield Award a record of 11 times. We are very proud of our association and, most importantly, of all our members.