The Hamilton & District
Optimizing the Management of Chronic Migraine in a New Therapeutic Landscape
Speaker: Dr. Rose Giammarco
After this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe the characteristics of migraine, natural course of disease, and underlying pathophysiology of chronic migraine
- Differentiate the preventive treatment options available for managing chronic migraine
- Evaluate the efficacy and safety of each treatment option to individualize preventive therapy for patients with chronic migraine
Facilitator / Expert: Carolyn Whiskin, RPH, BScPhm, NCMP
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
• Discuss the risks associated with delays in immunization balanced against risk of offering immunization services
• Review best practices to ensure safe Immunization services in the pharmacy setting
• Discuss vaccine principles such as vaccine series spacing & high-risk groups that should be considered in the current climate
• Review the current National Advisory Committee on Immunization adult immunization recommendations.
• Customize immunizations based on the needs of the patient
• Discuss ways to operationalize Vaccine Reconciliations and prescriber recommendations
The Hamilton & District Pharmacists’ Association was created in 1977 to set and achieve the following goals: to improve the qualifications and standing of pharmacy professionals; to promote a professional status; to provide an instructional and educational program and to hold conferences, meetings and exhibitions for the discussion of matters related to pharmacy.
Our Association is one of the longest established pharmacy associations in Canada. We have been repeatedly recognized by the Ontario Pharmacists Association (OPA), by winning the District Shield Award a record of 11 times. We are very proud of our association and, most importantly, of all our members.